This post is also available in: Türkçe (Turkish)
Whether it is jumbo shrimp or small size grass shrimp, when it is cooked in a pan with the aroma of butter, lemon and garlic, a wonderful flavor comes out. There is no need for such a long preparation. It takes a total of 15 minutes to come to the table. It is a wonderful flavor that you can easily make at home but wish you could eat it even if it was more.
Seafood is one of the most important food sources in terms of the Omega-3 fatty acids it contains to strengthen the immune system. In addition, Omega-3 fatty acids are found only in fish in nature after breast milk.
Shrimp, which is rich in vitamin D and selenium in these days when we cannot leave the house and see the sun, is an effortless seafood that is cooked quickly. Although it is usually cooked in a pan, it is also suitable for cooking in the oven and large sizes on the grill. In this recipe, we cook it in a pan with butter, lemon and garlic aroma.
How Long Does Shrimp Cook?
Shrimp is a seafood product famous for its fast cooking. If you are going to use large size jumbo shrimp, keep a maximum of 3 minutes for each side of the cooking time. If you are using small size grass, 1-2 minutes is enough for cooking. If you cook too long, it will be like rubber.
We use 2 lemons in this recipe that you can cook in a large pan over medium heat. You can slice one and use the juice of half of the other. If it’s a little juicy lemon, you can use it whole.
- 2 Yemek Kaşığı butter, divided
- 1 Yemek Kaşığı extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lemon, thinly sliced, plus juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine (or water)
- 1 tutam Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Kosher salt
- n a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil. Add shrimp, lemon slices, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter, lemon juice, and white wine. Season with salt and garnish with parsley before serving.